Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Valentine's, Olympics, Parties...oh my!


Well...hello Monday.  We had such a fun weekend!  Can we all just agree that Valentine's Day must always fall on a Friday?  Honestly, wasn't it just wonderful?  These random dates when holidays fall on a Tuesday just throw me off all week.  This was the perfect V-Day if for no other reason than it fell on a Friday.  Hallelujah.
If you've read my blog since the beginning (a whopping 8 years now!)...you know that we are Olympic obsessed.  We don't just keep up with the Olympics, we live for it.  Summer/Winter...we don't care.  Andrew and I are the kind of people that you will find up at midnight cheering our hearts out for Women's Curling...and I'm not even quite sure what Curling is (but I don't believe it involves getting beachy hair...). 

 Thankfully, our kids have turned into Olympic fools too...especially Smith.  This kid asks every single day what events will be on TV that day.  He can name names of people who do the Half-Pipe, the Moguls and Figure Skating.  He sits still and absorbs it all.  Obsessed.

So...if you're looking for us this week...we'll be home...watching the Olympics.

Last week, my girlies and I celebrated sweet Rachel who is about to have her 3rd baby...this time, a little girl!  OK...seriously...can you even spot the 35 week pregnant girl in this picture?  She's the one in the center wearing the black shirt and scarf.  You can't even tell she's about to give birth! 


Since Narci took the above picture (because she's a photographer), we took a separate one of her and Rach...again, hello Rachel?  Aren't you supposed to look pregnant?  When I was 35 weeks pregnant, I looked awful.  Let's not lie.  Awful.

Sweet Kensington "decorated" her room for Valentine's Day and asked me to take her picture.  She is going to be an interior designer like her Lovie...I just know it.


At her school Valentine's Day party :).


This was the best part of our Valentine's Day!  I was downstairs working on Friday morning when I heard Kensington get up.  I heard her go into Smith's room and wake him up saying that it was Valentine's Day.  Then, I heard a lot of rumbling around until they finally both scampered down the stairs screaming Happy Valentine's Day and holding gifts.  These sweet little bed heads had gone shopping with their Lovie earlier in the week and picked out gifts for Andrew and me.  They had apparently hid them all week under their beds and were waiting to give them to us.  Absolutely made my day!  


My mom said Smith insisted that I wanted a lemon candle...and of course I did!  XOXO


Andrew got peanut butter candy...these kiddos know that if daddy is going to eat candy, it has to have peanut butter inside.  So sweet!


Kensington got a movie and candy jewelry from us...


...and Smith got a movie and candy too.

And look at my fun necklace that Kensington picked out for me!  Such a sweet girl who knows her mama loves the bling!



One of my Valentines...


...love.him.so.much.

Kensington had been asking to have a girly party for her friends...so I decided Valentine's Day was the perfect opportunity.  We hosted 6 of her sweet little friends for a lunch on Friday.  This was also my gift to my friends...I said, drop off your girls and go have fun.  And they did.  :)

Maggie, Molly, Presley, Kensington, Ebby Lee, Blakely and Presley

Such sweet girls!

And the following 5 pics were taken by Narci too...that's a perk to inviting your bestie/photographer's daughter to your party :).








We had so much fun at lunch!  They could not have been more precious!


And my friends are so sweet too!  Narci brought me a latte along with her child (she knew I needed some caffeine to handle these girls!).

And Jeni brought me chocolate and nail polish (perfection for me!).  And I must give Erika credit for dropping off Ebby Lee but then taking Smith off my hands.  Thank you Erika!

After lunch and playing inside, the girls were begging to go outside (it was our first pretty day in forever!).  We live backed up to a park...so we headed out!


After the girls left, it was time for this foodie blogger to start baking.  I normally listen to music while I bake...but since it was Valentine's Day, I decided to watch one of my favorite movies while I did some baking.  Love this movie :).


The Shulls celebrate Valentine's Day as a family holiday, so we all discussed where we should eat for dinner...and our local diner was the winner.  We had breakfast for supper and it was wonderful!


Pancakes, anyone?


My hubby is quite handsome :)


No mom.  You may not have a bite of my cookie.  Stop asking.


But I shall taunt you with it.

Dinner, Olympics, Baths, Sleep.  My Valentines.

Don't forget to check out Meal Planning Monday today!



And tomorrow's Shade of Shay is my skincare routine!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment