Saturday, October 12, 2013

Hawaii Part 2: More Maui

Ahhh...more vacation pictures :).  After yesterday's post, I decided to change my Shade of Shay for the week and make Friday's Shade of Shay What Wear/Take/Read on a Vacation Part 2...because you people had a lot of questions!  I'm also going to include tips for taking your family to the beach in that post too...not that I have all the answers...but I do think I have a few good tips that I've learned over the years.  If you missed Hawaii Part One, click here.

Bravo's Andy Cohen is always posting elevator selfies on Instagram, so we practiced our elevator selfies too :).

My men and me.


Ahhh...another beach day.  I was really surprised how much my kids loved the beach.  I really thought they would prefer the pool to the beach but really, I think they loved the beach more.  The hotel pool sits right on the beach, so we were able to walk back and forth easily.


My mom took this pic...us.


The life.  Those are my dad's feet there.  We are listening to the Red Sox/Rangers game, watching the kids and I'm reading at the same time.  Pretty perfect.


Dressed and ready to go into Wailea for dinner.





 After dinner, we enjoyed ice cream on this beautiful night!


Love my mama!


On this day, we headed to Kapalua to eat lunch at the famous golf course there...but first, we decided to stop and ride the Sugar Cane Train.  Oh dear.  I remember riding this train when I was in junior high...but I do not remember it being so bad.  By bad, I mean we were 100 yards from the ocean in one direction and 100 yards from the mountains in the other direction but instead of the train taking us anywhere near those glorious things, it took us behind shopping centers and around gas stations.  It was an hour and a half of yuck.

We're on board and excited (because we didn't know that in 10 minutes we would be seeing the back side of a Shell station and Taco Bell).


My dad and I laughed and laughed after we took this selfie...Kensington's expression in the background says it all.  


After we finally got off that dang train, we made our way to Kapalua and had lunch outside at the golf course.  Andrew has his "I'm ready to eat something" look on his face...and my dad is watching the Red Sox game on his phone (a plus to being on Hawaiian time, we saw our Sox play early in the day!).


XOXO


After Kapalua, we went back to the hotel and let the kids swim some more and then ordered them a pizza from the hotel's Italian restaurant for dinner.  After that, they headed to bed and watched a movie.  There is nothing better than clean kids :).


This was our last day in Maui.  Lovie and Papa Jay headed home after this day and we headed to Lana'i.  My parents in the ocean with my kids.


Smith drew this fish on the sand...not going to lie, I was super impressed.  He is not really the artist in our family...but he apparently can draw a fish!


Me and that tattooed boy I'm married to ;).


K out in the ocean


This girl loved the ocean!


Smith napped outside, of course.


And on this day, Kensington asked me to pack a book in our bag  for her.  She saw me read every day by the pool and wanted one to read as well...this is her Little Mermaid book.  Cuteness :).


Heading to dinner on our last night in Maui!  

Tomorrow, we take a sailboat ride to Lana'i.  I get seasick people.  In the bathtub.  Why did we take a boat?  The Shull four head off on another adventure that involves huge waves, a rocky boat and someone losing it along the way...stay tuned.

And today, we're doing Meal Planning Monday on Tuesday!  Click here to see my meal planning for the week!


XOXO





No comments:

Post a Comment