Friday, October 11, 2013

Fifty Two Shades of Shay: What's on my DVR

A few weeks ago, one of my besties Andrea started a new series called "What's On..." and I love it!  I don't know why, but I'm always curious to see what people do/watch/read/etc in real life and I think posts like this are so interesting and fun to read.  Mark your calendars because her next one is May 5!

I was on vacation when Andrea did the What's On...your DVR post but I thought, geez, that's totally a Shade of Shay...because I love my DVR...so, here we are today!

Other than my iPhone, I'm not sure any piece of technology has improved my life more this century than DVR.  I just love my DVR :).  Here's a peak at what's recording at my house...
So basically, our DVR is a combination of sweet kids shows and reality TV (with a bit of HGTV thrown in).

I don't really watch TV during the day.  If I'm folding laundry, I might turn on a 30 Minute Meals or King of Queens but for the most part, I only really watch TV at night with Andrew.  That's our down time...between 8:00 and 10:00 PM when the kids are sleeping, we watch something on TV and enjoy the quiet.

Here are my very favorite shows on my DVR right now...

Hello best show ever.  The fact that I have to wait until the beginning of October for season 4 to begin makes me want to cry.  I love this show.  Love, love, love, love it.  

Love.  it.



I am not ashamed to admit that I watch and love the Real Housewives.  Not just the Real Housewives of OC but I love them all.  Every last one of them.  That Andy Cohen is a genius with this series.  An absolute genius. 


Andrew and I just love NYC, so we like watching Selling New York and Million Dollar Listing.  We get our NYC fix with these two shows.

And then there is Jimmy Fallon...I love Jimmy Fallon!  Whenever we need a good laugh, we watch The Tonight Show :).


I used to watch a lot of sitcoms and dramas (who hasn't gone through the CSI phase?!?) but recently, these are pretty much the only shows we watch.    What's on your DVR?  What am I missing?  I would love a few new suggestions!  I've had several people tell me that I should be watching The Blacklist?  You agree?  Let me know.

One more quick thing...I know you ladies loved my big colored stud earrings, so I thought I'd remind you that they would make a fun (and simple!) Mother's Day gift too!
There are 18 different colors to chose from...I'm sure you mama would be thrilled to have a little understated bling this year :).

And I'm also kind of obsessed with giving scarves for Mother's Day...especially light, summery scarves like these...
I love, love, love the navy and white scarf and how cool is this gold mixed print scarf?!?! 

For some other great Mother's Day gift ideas, click here.  
You still have plenty of time to shop and order!

And for dinner tonight...

My super simple Mini Italian Meatloaves.

 Hello yummy!

And mark your calendars...Pinspired is Friday, May 2 this week!  How the heck is it already May?!?!


XOXO






No comments:

Post a Comment