Sunday, October 20, 2013

Dear Post- Oscar Monday,



Ahhhh...it's Monday.  Not just any Monday...post-Oscar Monday.  This means, I stayed up even later than usual getting excited about films I haven't even seen.  It's 4:51 a.m. and I'm on my second cup of coffee already...but it was worth it :).

 I really loved Ellen last night!  For me, Billy Crystal is the king of the Oscars and can't be beat...but Ellen did a great job.   I love how Ellen really pulls the normal out of those celebrities.  She did an excellent job of that last night!  Here are some of my favorite things from last night's Oscars (and then I have some other randomness)...

My favorite looks of the evening:
Hello Lupita Nyong'o...you looked stunning!  Such a heartfelt acceptance speech too!  Gorgeous girl!


Yeah.  John Stamos really can do no wrong in my opinion.


I was lovin' the blonde Julia Roberts last night!  Beautiful!


And Bradley Cooper...not bad to look at.

Favorite couple of the evening: 
My award for prettiest couple of the evening goes to these two...the Tatums looked stunning.  Both of them.

My favorite moment of the evening:

This selfie was just brilliant.  I loved it!    A lot of pretty teeth in that picture...

I also loved when Ellen ordered pizza...Brad Pitt passing out paper plates was hysterical.

I loved Bette Midler singing Wind Beneath My Wings and Pink singing Somewhere Over the Rainbow.  And of course, being the mom of two small kids, I loved Idina Menzel singing Let It Go :).


I'm tired...but it was worth it!  I always love staying up for the Oscars!


So, other than Oscar watching, what did we do over the weekend?  Here's a few pics...

A little selfie time in the car before going into school.


It was Friday and they wanted pizza for lunch.  Look how excited they are!  I was having to restrain Smith from jumping over the counter!


Kensington came to dinner with little clips in her hair.  I asked her if she did it herself and she said no.  She said she made Smith open a salon and fix her hair.  Poor Smith.  He will do anything she asks!


She's just my little side-kick.  I love her so much.

We were outside eating lunch on Saturday and they played and played until our food arrived. The high Saturday was 75, the high Sunday was 31 and it snowed and the high today is 37...welcome to Texas.   This is them holding holds and looking both ways to check for golf carts. :)

At dinner on Saturday night, he was all snuggly next to me in our booth.


And then he wanted me to take a picture of him with his noodle necklace on his ears...boys.

And if you missed it yesterday...


And Meal Planning Monday is up and ready for you!  Don't stress about what to prepare this week...I have you covered!

I'm off for my Monday now!  Only 5 more days until Friday and the beginning of Spring Break!  Woohoo!






No comments:

Post a Comment