Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Recipe for Kalyn's Tabbouleh with Almonds

Kalyn's Tabbouleh with Almonds
My favorite version of Tabbouleh Salad, with parsley, mint, and lots of slivered almonds.

(Updated with new photos and step-by-step instructions, July 2012.)  Tabbouleh (also spelled Tabbouli and Tabouli) is something I've loved from the first time I tasted it and I've been making this for years, especially in the summer when I have plenty of fresh parsley and mint from my garden. Some people may turn their nose up at the fact that I use a pre-seasoned tabbouleh mix for the bulgur mixture, but years ago I had a woman from Lebanon come to a party at my house, and she went crazy over my version of Tabbouleh. With fresh lots of fresh parsley and mint, and a generous amount of slivered almonds, I think the taste of this Tabbouleh can't be beat. 

Click to continue reading

No comments:

Post a Comment