Monday, January 13, 2014

Disney World Days 7 & 8, Wrapping things up :)

On our last full day, we had breakfast at the famous Chef Mickey's.  This is a MUST if you're taking your kiddos to Disney World.  Mickey and all of this friends are at breakfast and visit with your kids at each table.  So fun!


The only person Smith wanted to see was Donald Duck.  Until this trip, I didn't realize Smith had such a thing for the Donald.  He was totally psyched!


Goofy came by first


Then Mickey stopped by.


Smith's very favorite man, Donald Duck!



Donald giving Smith a big hug.



Of course, Minnie was there too.


And Pluto!


After breakfast, we headed back to the pool for some more swimming fun.



After dinner, Kensington asked if she could have her hair "wrapped".  We had been walking by the hair wrapping station for a full week and she never said a word.  But on our last night, after our last meal, at the last possible moment, she asked...and I caved.  I'm so glad I did though....I really think it was the most special part of the trip for her (I know!  After all the other stuff we did!).  She felt like such a big girl!  Here she is about to get "wrapped".







She picked pink, purple and white as her colors.






She's so proud!


This is Day 8 on our way to the airport, she still showing off her hair :).


And in case you're wondering...it's been exactly one week today and it's still wrapped.  Eventually, I will remove it :).

So, that was our trip!  We had been talking about this trip for months and months.  The kids were so ready to go and I really think they had the BEST time.  It's always sooooooooo much fun traveling with my parents.  Honestly, those two make me laugh harder than anyone else.  The three of us are a hot mess sometimes (poor Andrew having to deal with us!).  My kids were really, really sweet.  They just soaked up all of the magic.  It was fabulous!

If I had to give Disney advice to someone else, here's what I'd say...
1. Take your kids while they're young.  The magic will wear off soon, so take them when they really still believe that they are actually hugging Mickey Mouse.  Three and two were perfect ages in my opinion.

2. Don't go in April!  It was too crowded and hot.  I've been before in the summer (don't go then either if you can!) but I've also been in November and January and those two months were much cooler and the crowds were way down. 

3. Stay on the Disney property.  The magic really begins with your hotel room.  Plus it's super convenient!!  Our resort was probably my favorite part of the trip. 

That's it for now.  Where will we go next???  There are more adventures to come in 2012.  Next up, I think it's time to head back to my Magic Kingdom.  Baseball season has started.


No comments:

Post a Comment