Friday, January 10, 2014

Guest Bath Re-do

Last week, Andrew and I made a spur of the moment decision and redid our guest bath.  If there is one thing you can say about Andrew and myself it's that we're decisive.  Seriously.  We can go to a car dealership and walk out with a car in 10 minutes.  It took us all of 20 minutes to pick out a house to buy.  When we need to make a decision, we do it.  Quickly.

That being said, I was ready to update our guest bath, so on Wednesday we started and on Saturday, we were finished.  Two years ago, we totally gutted and remodeled our master bath.  At the time, I had a 2 month old and an 18 month old.  What in the world was I thinking?!?!  That was major and life was a huge mess for weeks.  This was simple, quick, cost efficient and easy.  Here are some before and after pics...

Before..white counters, egg plant purple walls (which I still love but decided it would be too weird to paint the walls the exact same color), gold accessories, giant mirror, silver sink fixture...not me (except for the walls!).


After...we painted the walls a purple-grey color (I do love me some purple, all shades), we first had the painters remove the popcorn texture from the ceiling and then re-texture the entire room.  Then they painted it.  We replaced the white counters with black granite, updated the mirror and light fixture, plus got new sink fixtures and all new shower fixtures and shower door.


Before


After


Before...big mirror, silver light fixture.


After...better mirror, better light fixture.


Love it!


Cozy, right?  Love the black granite!


I didn't have a before pic of above the potty but here's your after.

Pretty painless for a home remodel.  Thank goodness!

PS: every time I blog now, I feel like everyone is waiting for a picture of my little brother to show up in the background...geez...I'll take a picture of him soon enough :).  For now, enjoy my guest bath!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment