Wednesday, January 15, 2014

8 years

Back on March 13, Andrew and I celebrated our 8 year anniversary :).  We're not really ones to get all mushy about anniversaries and such and we're usually quite happy with dinner at home with the kiddos to celebrate, but this year, Andrew wanted to really celebrate...and I'm so glad he did!  He got us a babysitter (the best ever...Lovie!) and made us dinner reservations in Dallas at our favorite restaurant.  Then while we were at dinner, the waiter brought me over a fabulous anniversary present as a surprise.  I'm so blessed to have spent these last 8 years with Andrew Shull.  I hope we're as blessed as my grandparents who have been married almost 66 years and counting!

For grins, I thought I'd share with you a picture of how it all got started...

This is Andrew and I on our first date.  Didn't you date with both sets of your parents, your younger brother and both sets of your grandparents?  Well, we did!  We had met once before but we actually went out to dinner to get to know each other after the first K-State football game of the season...unfortunately, we had to bring along everyone else!  Here we are, getting to know each other at Applebees.  I remember Andrew thinking it was funny that I ordered dessert for dinner...he learned quickly that the way to my heart was through sugar :).  A year and a half later, we were married.  Happy Anniversary baby!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment