Thursday, January 9, 2014

CrockPot Jalapeño Poppers Recipe


Day 167.

Happy Father's Day! If you are looking to make dad some awesome manly meat today, I suggest:


and if he's vegetarian...



OR, make him these yummy jalapeño poppers. Because they have cheese and bacon in them, and everyone knows that the way to a man's heart is through cheese and bacon. And since they aren't breaded and deep-fried you can kind of sort of pass them off as health food.

sort of.


The Ingredients.
--10 jalapeños
--1/2 block cream cheese
--1/4 cup sour cream
--1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
--9 pieces of crumbled bacon (I used turkey, but go ahead and use PORK!)
--1/3 cup water


The Directions.

I used a round 4 qt Crock-Pot for this dish.
Okay. I have never before cut up jalapeños. When I used them in the chili and the Korean ribs, they were whole, and when we made cioppino, Adam cut them up.

The food tv people say to use gloves when cutting up jalapeños. LISTEN TO THEM. I was in pain, PAIN, for about 3 hours in all of my fingers. I took Aleve and sat with an icepack for quite a while, I was so very bothered by the juice. Be aware.

I actually just shuddered typing this out, remembering the sting. Please be careful.

Anyhow, wearing gloves, cut the tops off of the jalapeños, and scrape out the membrane and all of the little white seeds with a knife under running water.

In a bowl, mix together your stuffing mixture of cream cheese, parmesan cheese, sour cream, and crumbled bacon.

Fill the empty jalapeño cavities with the stuffing. I used my fingers. You could probably be fancy and pipe it in with a plastic bag, but the fingers worked.

Put the 1/3 cup of water at the bottom of your crockpot, and lay the stuffed jalapenos on top.

Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours, or on low for 3-4. They are done when the skin of the jalapenos start to wilt and look wrinkly.

Serve hot or at room temperature. I like them best at room temperature.

The Verdict.


These are delicious, and aren't overly spicy---the heat was just right for me. I made them for my brother and his wife, but didn't think to make them until right before we ate dinner. So we had them after dinner and dessert, which is a bit weird. I was too full to enjoy them that night, but adored the leftovers.
which I ate for breakfast.
with coffee.
because I'm a total weird-o.

No comments:

Post a Comment