Tuesday, January 7, 2014

CrockPot Edamame Dip Recipe



Day 180.

I've gotten a few requests for more Little Dipper recipes. Boy, that little guy is adorable. Or is it a girl? I go back and forth. Maybe it's unisex.

Anyhow, most of the dip recipes can be easily adapted to the Little Dipper. I'd recommend the garlic dip, the sundried tomato, and the hot and spicy artichoke.
Or, test out this edamame dip---it's reminiscent of hummus. Sort of. But not really.

well, kind of.


The Ingredients.

--1 cup shelled edamame, slightly thawed
--2 chopped garlic cloves
--1 T mayonnaise

--1/2 t cumin
--the juice from 2 limes


The Directions.


If your edamame is frost-bitten like mine was, thaw for about 45 seconds in the microwave. Chop or food process the edamame and garlic into tiny chunks. I used my pampered chef chopper-thingy.

Add to the Little Dipper. Add the mayo, cumin, and lime juice. Stir well.

Cover and cook (there isn't a temerature setting on the Little Dipper) for 30-45 minutes, or until heated through.


Serve with pita chips, pita bread, tortilla chips, or corn tortilla triangles.



The Verdict.


This was a very nice snack, it would have been even better if the chips weren't stale. The girls and I
gobbled it up, although it was a bit spicy for them. My garlic cloves were enormous.

I have FOUR bags of frozen edamame, and am glad to have a way to use them in a way we all enjoy.
Four bags. How did that happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment