Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Boston Brick


On Thursday, Dad and I made our annual trip to Boston to see a couple of Red Sox games.  I don't know if there is another weekend I look more forward to all year long.  This year, was particularly special because it is the 100 anniversary of Fenway Park...the oldest and most historic ball park ever.  To honor the anniversary, Fenway Park sold bricks last summer that would be added to Gates B and C and remain a part of Red Sox history forever.  I bought one for a Father's Day gift for my dad and this trip was our first trip to visit our brick.  Because of the brick...mom came with us too....which made the trip even more special.  (Don't feel sorry for Andrew and the kids...they went on their own mini vacation which I'll blog about later.  And don't feel sorry for Sean...he just came off a 2 month vacation!).
I love Boston.  I love Boston.  I would move there today if I could.  It was cool...it was lovely...and they have the best lobster rolls a girl could ask for.  This is Thursday afternoon...shopping and lobster rolls.


Thursday night, we headed over to Fenway Park for our first game (mom stayed back at the hotel...she's seen a few Sox games and decided to skip out this trip).  This is Yawkey Way...if you know what that means, then you know how cool it is.  If you don't...you're missing out.


And there is my Dad's brick!  We're officially a part of Red Sox and Fenway Park history.  So cool!!



A little perspective.


Dad pointing to the brick


Me pointing to the brick :)


He was one happy Dad!


Here we are before the game sitting on either side of the famous red seat.  Ted Williams hit the longest home run ever reported at Fenway Park when he hit this seat...that's why they painted it red.


And here we are in our seats before the game.


The next morning (look, there's Mom!), we took the subway back over to Fenway to take the Fenway Park tour and show mom the brick (since she didn't see it the night before).


This is me on top of the Green Monster. 


This is the Green Monster from the other side of the park (in case you didn't know what I was talking about).  The Green Monster is one of the most iconic landmarks in sports history.  Period.


Mom and I at lunch at John Harvard's.  You know I love me some John Harvard's!


Later that night, Dad and I headed back to Fenway for our last game.  One more time, we stopped to look at the brick.


Love my dad and love Boston!  We had the best trip!

If you ever want to know what all of this Red Sox craziness is about, you should watch the Drew Barrymore movie Fever Pitch.  I couldn't explain it nearly as well as the movie portrays it.  It's unlike any other sporting event you'll ever go to.  The history, the traditions, the atmosphere, the fans...it's amazing.  Going to a Red Sox game at Fenway Park should be on every one's bucket list.  I'm just so blessed to be a part of it year after year.  Thanks dad.


No comments:

Post a Comment