Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Baby Vegetables! (2012 Garden Update #4)

baby vegetables in the garden
I'm always excited by the arrival of the first baby vegetables in the garden!

Back in the old days when people would carry around photos of their kids and grandkids (instead of posting them on Facebook), I once had a friend suggest that I start carrying around photos of my baby plants.  I never did go quite that far, but there's no doubt that the arrival of baby vegetables is something I look forward to eagerly every year.  I hope this post doesn't inspire too much baby-vegetable envy among my readers and blogging friends, because this year it got warm very early in Utah, and because I was going on a long trip I planted my garden much earlier than usual.  I thought if it didn't make it, I would replant when I came back from the trip, but the weather gods were smiling on the garden and the veggies got an early start!

Click to continue reading

No comments:

Post a Comment