Saturday, January 4, 2014

CrockPot White Bean and Pesto Spread


Day 190.

Yay! Another
Little Dipper recipe!

This is such a yummy spread, and it is so easy it practically makes itself.
It must eat itself, too, because I have no idea where it went. I made a batch, took a picture, and then it disappeared.

Keep the ingredients on hand for last-minute company. They will keep in your pantry forever, and you will thank me when your guests eyeballs roll back in glee.

The Ingredients.


- 1 cup of drained and rinsed white beans (cannelloni, white kidney)
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto


The Directions.


After draining and rinsing the beans, scoop out one cup. Smash them. I used my Pampered Chef chopper thingy, but you could squeeze them in a zipper bag or use a tiny food processor, too.


Mix the smashed beans with a 1/4 cup of pesto.
Add mixture to the Little Dipper, close it up, and plug it in.

There isn't a heat setting on a Little Dipper, you just plug it in. I cooked our dip for about 45 minutes, and it was warm and gooey.


Serve with pita chips, tortilla chips, or crustini.

I made crustini out of leftover bread that I had made for the
french dip sandwiches. It was easy--I dipped the pieces in a bit of olive oil, then sprinkled with salt and pepper. I baked them in the oven at 400 degrees until the bottoms were toasty, then broiled until the tops were toasty, too.

The Verdict.


These were great. I liked how the beans soaked up the oil from the pesto, and the flavor was pronounced, but mild at the same time. All four of us enjoyed this snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment