Friday, January 3, 2014

Cribs Be Gone

Ohhh...remember waaaaay back when...4 years ago when I posted this about our new baby's nursery?  I was 8 months pregnant and didn't know the gender of my sweet little baby but I had a room ready.  When we found out it was a girl, we added some girl touches...then 16 short months later, we had our boy and moved the girl to the room next door, took down all of the girl touches and added some boy touches.  Now...we have a big girl and a big boy.  At one point, we had two cribs but now we have none.  Kensington (the over-achiever that she is) moved into a big girl bed when she was only 19 months old but sweet Smith stayed in his crib a little (ok, a lot) longer.  Well, last weekend, he begged and we finally decided to take down the chandelier and upgrade his room into a big boy room.  Bye-bye crib...hello big boy stuff.

This is where the crib used to be...now we have some great organizers for all of his boy stuff and his dad's Big XII Championship jersey framed. 

We have some boy accessories (come on...you know Lovie wasn't going to let us not have accessories...that's what happens when your grandma is a fabulous interior designer!).

We kept the window treatments but upgraded with a Fenway Park sign I bought in Boston.

We took down some baby stuff on the wall and added some subway art.

Since Mama got the Fenway Park sign, Daddy got the Yankee pillow to go with his new bedding.

But of course, there are Red Sox logos on the MLB sheets :).

Big boy bed!

We have one of Daddy's Detroit Lion footballs and some golf stuff on his shelf.  Remember Smith's First Par-Tee?

Or what about Smith's Ski Lodge?

And since we're discussing rooms today, I thought I'd share Kensington's room too.  This is where my big girl sleeps.



The shelf in her room...remember Kensington's Cider Mill?




Boy...my kids are growing up fast.  I used to be a mom of two babies, now I'm a mom of two big kids.  I wouldn't trade it for the world.  Love them!



No comments:

Post a Comment